Picture
Yesterday, my one surviving plant was  repotted.

Horace (yes, I named my plant—after he put up with my dreadful horticultural skills for ten years it seemed wrong to call it "it") is 28 years old. He's a Christmas Cactus, given to me my first year at the agency I worked for until yesterday. Now, seriously, this is something; I've murdered every other plant that has come into my custody (well, except Lazarus, at first, but that's another story—I did eventually kill him too).  Horace is not the happiest Christmas Cactus I've seen. The one in the cube neighboring mine is fat and happy and has been burping up blooms for the last three months. Horace is sturdy and kinda leggy, and he's only bloomed twice in all the time I've known him.

Anyway, Horace and came home with me yesterday.  I thought about finding someone at the agency who had a green thumb and letting them carry on the legacy, but, well, I didn't. I bagged him up and took him with me when I left.  The trip loosened his hold on the soil in the pot, and he was looking saggy by the time I got him home.  I figured he'd already been traumatized, best to give him the healthiest possible place to recover.  So he got fresh potting soil (he was way overdue) and a larger pot—some of his kids were potted with him for company.  A touch of water and a window seat. Pray for his good health.

Me? Well, I had a similar day.  I started it the way I have for a lot of years. I ended it uprooted and in completely new—better—soil.  It's time to start the work of putting down new roots, and reinventing myself from the ground up.  Can't wait to see what happens next!

Comments

04/19/2014 6:48am

Its very good and very excellent article. i really enjoyed this post and i hope you will keep posting this kinds of post in future.

05/09/2016 11:55pm

Reputed and renowned elements of the sides of the production of the good society are discussed and practiced. It is the embedded and refined form of the right and consequential stints. It is entailed and up for the further and futuristic measures.

11/03/2016 12:10pm

Do you have just one plant survive? OMG, what did you do with other?)

12/22/2016 5:43am

very informative article you share with us

01/09/2017 12:29am

Activate both Windows and Microsoft Office with one Activator! Kmspico is the best and latest activator to activate all Microsoft windows

01/13/2017 12:05pm

This is very much a work in progress whenever I find out about one who is more beautiful than any of these I will add her and kick out number ten Thanks for sharing the informative post.

02/06/2017 10:21pm

mht cet application form 2017

03/05/2017 10:31pm

Showbox app is one of the best additions to the entertainment section. This app is developed for android, blackberry and iOS devices or users..

Treally helpful thank you

04/19/2017 5:45am

play store updated version: Download google Playstore apk from here. Google Play Store apk is the application that makes all android phones and other phones worth having.

05/11/2017 11:37pm

Me? All things considered, I had a comparable day. I began it the way I have for a considerable measure of years. I finished it removed and in totally new—better—soil. It's a great opportunity to begin the work of putting down new roots, and reevaluating myself starting from the earliest stage. Can hardly wait to perceive what occurs next!

Presumed and eminent components of the sides of the creation of the great society are examined and honed. It is the inserted and refined type of the privilege and considerable stretches. It is involved and up for the further and modern measures.

05/13/2017 1:12am

Me? Indeed, I had a comparative day. I began it the way I have for a ton of years. I finished it evacuated and in totally new—better—soil. It's a great opportunity to begin the work of putting down new roots, and rethinking myself starting from the earliest stage. Can hardly wait to perceive what occurs next!

06/21/2017 5:38am

Blackmart Alpha APK is an app or otherwise, we can say it’s an excellent web-based online marketing platform where an individual is allowed to get all the available Android apps completely for free of cost

07/11/2017 1:30am

IBPS RRB Result 2017

09/11/2017 5:45am

Presently an evening, preparing has adjusted its way in appraisal of vintage time's way of tutoring. New regularly a la mode web journals and net sites will give you a chance to receive a one-of-a-sort approach to explore in another way.

09/19/2017 1:01am

SUch a lovely posts, want to see more posts like that.

09/19/2017 1:05am

That post reminds me of my childhood.